Network Security Engineer
Are you an expert at maintaining IT security for government IT systems?
You will primarily be responsible for conducting system security and vulnerability analyses, risk assessments, managing POA&M resolution and developing mitigation plans for enterprise government IT systems. You will manage Network Security in accordance with agency and applicable Federal policy, requirements, and guidelines.
- Experience analyzing, monitoring, troubleshooting, and diagnosing issues to ensure system optimization, integrity, availability, and functionality are within prescribed parameters
- Experience providing Transmission Control Protocol and the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) network management
- Understanding of common ports and protocols used for TCP/IP communication between servers (Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), Secure Shell (SSH), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), etc.).
- Understanding of TCP/IP classless subnets using Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) notation and establishing default routes
- Experience using industry standard tools for system management with emphasis on SSH/Secure Copy (SCP)/Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP), Experience with Antivirus/IDS/IPS/Firewall Operations
- 5+ Years Network or Security Engineering experience in Federal or DoD enterprise environment; Professional Network or Security certification required
- CISSP, CISM, or CCNP certifications are preferred